Urology Community
Whats wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Whats wrong?

I'm having some pain (burning) when urinating and i seem to go more often and more urgently. I got tested for an std and the tests were negative. I also used a home uti test which also gave me a negative answer. What else could be the problem and what should i do about it?
Tags: burning
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your symptoms could be due to UTI, or urinary tract infection. The infection could be at any level from bladder to ureter to kidney. It could also be due to a stone in the urinary tract. You need to get your urine examined for infection in a lab. You also need  a urine culture and sensitivity test done. It could also be a localized injury or ulcer or fungal or bacterial infection at the mouth of your urethra.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!