Urology Expert Forum
When will the pain go away?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

When will the pain go away?

I began having frequency of urination 5 days before I went to the doctor.  I've never had a bladder infection before so I thought whatever it was that I was feeling would just go away.  I was told that I had a bladder infection (I had slight traces of blood in my urine).  The doctor gave me MONUROL to take.  In the middle of that night I became very sick.  I had a pain on my left side that was slightly in the front and slightly in the back.  It hurt too bad to even stand up straight.  I took two warm baths and laid with a heat pad on me trying to eleviate the pain.  The pain would not go away.  I went back to the doctor that morning.  I explained my symptoms of extreme pain and vomiting.  I had a fever and showed an increase in blood in my urine.  The doctor said I may have a kidney stone.  He gave me ULTRAM to help with the pain.  I have an appointment to see my doctor again in 5 days to have my urine tested again.  He said it may be more serious than kidney stones.  I thought I was feeling better until I suffered from the same pain last night.  I never get sick.  The last time I went to the doctor was more than a year ago.  I'm scared.  If I have a kidney stone, how long will it take to pass?  If I don't, should I go to the hospital?  Should I go back to my doctor and demand having tests sooner?  I don't have health insurance so I'm very reluctant  to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to.  Even without health insurance, I came very close to going to the emergency room.  Will I be okay for another 5 days until I can get back in with my doctor?  What can I be doing right now to make me feel better?  What can I do to not ever feel this way again?