Which antibiotic would prevent UTI after sex?
hi, I have a problem with recurrent UTI. I keep getting UTI about 24-36 hours after sex. My doctor treats them with trimethoprim, but its the only antibiotic that works for me (as penicillin-based antibiotics, ciprofloxacin and cefalexin don't work for me). I was prescribed trimethoprim as a preventative antibiotic but it did not prevent UTI. I have been taking cleanliness and peeing after sex seriously but I still get UTI after sex. I went for anatomical tests but the urologist said there is nothing wrong anatomically with me but I  still get UTI. I don't have STI.

What sort of antibiotics do you think would work to prevent me getting cystitis?

You seem to be having honeymoon cystitis.It is actually a form of urethritis. Abstain from intercourse for a few days,take plenty of fluids and take some OTC analgesics like ibuprofen or diclofenac. Also take pyridium for 2-3 days(it stains the urine orange) and sit in warm non soapy water. Also consult a doctor for antibiotics prescription if the symptoms persist. In future also, urinate immediately after intercourse to flush out the bacteria and ask your partner to indulge in plenty of foreplay or use lubricant jellies.

Regarding the antibiotics, it makes sense to get a complete urine examination and urine culture first and then start with antibiotics to which the sample comes positive.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.