Urology Community
White, painless discharge in penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

White, painless discharge in penis

For three months now, I've been finding a discharge at the tip of my penis. At first, there'd be stains in my underwear, and as time passed: I'd have to milk it to look for discharge. It was white, thick, and odourless.
I didn't experience any pain in urination whatsoever.
I checked it up with three doctors, and none of them (after urethral swab tests or urinanalysis) found any chlamidya, gonhorrea--but there definitely was an infection, since the white blood cell count was quite high at first (15, later decreased to 3 by last month). The urethral swab test showed that there was a heavy growth of a streptococcous bacteria in there. The doctor told me that it was nothing ot be worried about.

They gave me antibiotics and told me not to worry about it.

The discharge cleared eventually.

Things had subsided until yesterday when I found yellow stains in my underwear and thick white discharge in my penis. It was as bad as it first was, and now, there's a vague itching sensation in my urethra (I don't know whether its my mind playing tricks on me or something worht being worried about).

The thing that gets me is that I haven't had any sexual contact for three full years. So, I know that it can't be a SEXUALLY transmitted disease. WHat else could it be?
In both instances of these incidences: I remember having worn tight underwear for long stretchs of time (the first being a six-hour flight, and the second being when I fell asleep).

What is it? What should I do about it? Should I be worried?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!
How long did it take you to clear the infection? I have the same exact problem now:( I have been throuh three different types of medicine and no luck. I have an appointment in two weeks so they can place a camera in my urethra:(
yeast?
They just told me it was in inflamation (inflammation) of my urethra but that I also had some kind of bacterial infection. No not yeast though...
I have this too!

I havent had sex in over a year now and suddenly 3 months back, this started happening. I had a cold and a real bad cough, and the doctor gave me ammoxocilin for it. Then, about a week later, this started. There is no pain, nothing. Just every few days, a small thick discharge. Im worried coz the doctor doesnt know what it is, it cant be an STD and im worried the next girl who sees down there will think i have Gonorrhea when i dont!

Any advice?!
Ive had kinda of the same issue...  Sometimes after urinating i get a small, thick, painless, Whitish- yellowish discharge.  I also get the sensation that im not finished passing the urine.  Also sometimes there is a very slight burn after urinating or right before, it does not last long.  I was wondering if YALL get these big, red, firm, and knotty like bumps on your thighs?  Ive seen a doctor about em' and he said that it was a bacterial infection, either strepp or staph.  I was wondering if those bumps and the discharge after passing urine was related?
What was the answer????
perhaps you have seen my other posts...

I have the same issue for 4 months now. no pain no itch no odor no rash nothing....i have not had sex since january cause i was afraid to infect someone but my std tests came back clean and i am all good on that. the urine tests and culture came back negative on everything. the clinic says i need to sere a urologist now. which is mad expensive and is this what he will tell me too?? that it is nothing. i have this little drip not much every time i go to the bathroom i have to milk it but i know it is there....it is really annoying cause i want to know what is wrong with me. ya know? they suggested my prostate... i have no clue..If you guys have made any progress with this please let me knwo and i will do the same. ty
I am 26 years old and the last time I had sex was about 2 months ago but is that too long ago for to even consider it as an STD.  I just noticed this white discharge today actually. There is this slight almost burning sensation when I urinate but it is not very bad. It is freaking me out. I see my girlfriend at the end of October. Do you think this issue can be resolved by then. This *****.
Have these questions been answered?? If so how do I see the answers? Please help Im new here and Im having the white-yellowish painless discharge, a slight itch inside(very occasional), and discomfort during urination. WHAT IS THIS??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Who answers these questions anyway??/
Hi All,

I have experienced the problem above for a year now and been to the doctors, for sti checks all kinds of tests on my testicles and everything came back clear yet the problem proceeds, i spoke to somebody at the urology hospital and they explained the condition to be as follows,

Non-specific Urethritis (NSU)

The exact organism that causes this infection often isn't known - hence the name "non-specific". Generally it results from a contamination of the urethra - the tube in your penis which you pee through, with bacteria which normally live in the mouth, on your or someone else's skin, It is very common indeed. So again, it can be spread by oral, anal and vaginal sex. Because sometimes it can be caused by skin bacteria, vigorous rubbing or masturbation, without penetration, can result in an NSU.

NSU may cause a burning sensation when you pee and sometimes this is very severe indeed. Guys often want to pass urine often, but with little coming out.

It can sometimes cause a whitish discharge, which is usually fairly scanty and thin (- compare with gonorrhoea).

Again, using condoms for oral, anal and vaginal sex will protect you to a very great extent.

Treatment is again by antibiotics after special swabs have been taken. These swabs are taken from just inside your urethra (tube in your penis through which you pee).

I am starting on the antibiotics soon so will give that a try.

I still have this issue now. and wow as much as it ***** i am glad i am not alone...i have come to a conclusion. i think it is candida. a male yeast infection.. it just makes sense. and oen of my partners got oral thrush on her tongue. so i am gunning for candida. and yes i went to a urologist and spent mad mone yand all tests were negative for any urinary infection. no nsu. I truly believe it is candida.. so here is a test fellas,. The spit test mine came out positive. Take a glass of water 8 ounces whatever in a clear glass. set it next to your bed when you go to sleep. first thign when you wake up spit in the glass and give it about 15 mins or so and watch... yoru spit if positive will bunch up at the bottom of the glass and there will be strings from the top layer of spit to hanging and spidering downward. you can look thsi test up online and read it for yourselves but mine did exactly that. I posted in another forum on here just now asking about candida. I will give you guys a heads up when i get a reply. this is going on a year now for me. im tired of it.

oh and the urologist just told me this is a natural occurance. the drip that is. he said osme men get it from the prostate even if it checks out fine.. he said i am clean and not to worry bout it. but then i read of candida cause i saw it on a show on tv andi was like no SH##$!@! so post away and l;et me know if you guys have come to any conclusions or your doctors have. ttys
I had this discharge too. drops of whitess without pain during urination.  Just a slight sensation not painfull out all. In fact I had to milk it  all the time to see it. The lab technician tells me it is Gonorrehea and placed me on drugs. but the suprise is that the girl I slept with went for the same test and came out Gonorrehea Negative. She had Staph and Candida. I became confused.  
Honestly am worried! I had an unprotected sex a week past before noticing this, am really worried. I experience this exactly the way you guys said here and i urgently need assistance as to a possible way of treating myself. I would urge any one with the solution to please tell us.
Man u c I have not had any n 3months to but yet I have WHiTE dischager no pain no burning after I milk it once I dnt c it no more den wen I wake up its there man wats is dis and it feels like cold air on my head
And always feel like I have to p or its always wet on my head
I'm going through the same things. I have a white discharge and I'm at the E R to find out what it is because I've never experience this before so I'll keep you all informed
i have the same thng,indeed it feels like cold air,the pain is very less and sumtyms is not evn there,i had gonorhea which was treated succefully 4 months ago
,whn i drink too much water it disapear for few days bt one moring it will be there
I had the same problem for the last month. I got treated for a bladder infection which was three days of antibiotics.  I just got back from the doctor today.  It turns out it was a prostrate infection! Which can be very serious if left untreated.  Get a prostate exam. I know there not fun but they are quick and you will know instantly if it is the prostrate. I hope this helps.
I have this discharge too... is it candida?? yeast infection?? UTI??
I been having the same problem for a week now, its NOT an std the reason I know this is I went to the health department a week before any of this started and got a check up for everything under the sun because I thought I had HPV turns out I had (Molluscum Contagiosum) which is a skin virus that kids get when their younger, not genital wart man was I happy, It was gone a week later that's when all this started happing to me.

I was told to eat health and take immune pills and exercise to build up immune system well... I did then I started eating peanut butter sandwiches I ate a whole loaf of bred in 3 days time and was taking way to much Vid C and other immune pills,

Then I woke up one day and noticed white fluid comming out of my penis and i was like what the heck is that and I milked it and more came out I called the health department and asked if the test was wrong and she said no its 100% neg on gonorrhea and chlamydia.

Soooo I asked around and its either a UTI (urinary tract infection), a yeast infection from all the bread, bad infection for the Q-Tip the lady used to check me with, or the Q-Tip tore the skin inside and got an infection that way.

I cant afford to do blood work and pay doctors to do swab tests do to unemployment so ya if yall find out let me know. I was told also its nothing to bad to worry about alot of guys get it but yet they dont know what it is comes and goes.
Guys

This is nothing but puberty...
NOT TO WORRY!!!!!!
Even I had the same problem. IT happens at thhe time of puberty when we thinks of sex.....
lol its not from puberty im 28 mine last for a week.

Guys heres a little tip drink alot of cranberry juice, not the cocktail kind and drink as much water as you can, and DO NOT squeeze you penis or milk it, I found out it just irritates the skin more inside your penis I know it itches bad but resist it.

Should be gone in a week or to its just a infection if not gone in a week or to GO GET HELP, it will spread to your prostate and get pretty bad.
I HAVE BEEN HAVING THICK,COLORLESS AND ODORLESS FOR ALMOST FIVE YEARS NOW. I HAVE VISITED THE HOSPITAL SEVERAL TIMES AND WAS INITIALLY TOLD IT WAS GONORRHEA,WAS GIVEN INJECTION OF ANTIBIOTICS BUT THE SYMPTOM STILL PERSISTED. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AGAIN AND INJECTED AGAIN WITH AN ANTIBIOTIC. I HAVE DONE THESE THREE TO FOUR TIMES BUT THERE HASN'T BEEN ANY IMPROVEMENT. I WENT FOR LAB TEST AND ALL THE THREE TESTS THAT I DID PROVED NEGATIVE;NO ABNORMALITY DETECTED. THE DOCTOR THEN TOLD ME IT MAY JUST BE SPERMS SO I SHOULDN'T  WORRY. BUT THIS HAS REALLY MAKE ME SEXUALLY WEAK .ONE THING WHICH I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS SINCE THIS DETECTION FIVE YEARS AGO I HAVEN'T HAD SEX. SO WHAT WILL BE THE CAUSE OF MY IMPEDIMENT?
Hi there everyone. I've had urinary infection three weeks ago and went through a heavy antibiotic called Ciprofloxacin. I had to tak these pills for ten days, two of them each day. the reason I went to the doctor was the pain in my penis and the urge to pee constantly. I was feeling as perfect as before and everything was right except today when I saw this white discharge in my urine. exactly as you guys said. I think i have gonorrhea or maybe the infection is back. I will visit a doctor soon and will let you guys know. BTW i am 23 and have never had sex. not even once.

Cheers everyone.
Am a 22 year old will the same problem I had it for some day now seem a number of doctors but no help and am gay I had no sex for 4 month now can see what doing this to me. No pain, nothing can someone help me please  
I've had this problem approximately 3 weeks now, at first I mostly saw the clear discharge most of you described but the white/yellowish discharge most frequently appeared when I wake up in the morning and check if anything was still coming out. I been with a steady girlfriend since February, got a blood and urine test in August and everything came out negative, doctor said I was clean. At the biginning of November I noticed this discharge that most of you described. I went back to the doctor and did a full blood and urine exam and everything came out negative again. She gave me a shot and a priscription (prescription) for an antibiotic called DOXYCYCLINE.. She also said my partner needs the shot I got so I don't spread it or possibly get it again. I have been using this and the white-ish/yellowish, odourless disgharge sometimes clear, with no pain except for a little tingle every now and then. I have been taking DOXYCYCLINE for about 5 days now; 3 three times a day. The instructions were to take the antibiotic on an empty stomach 1 hour before eating or 2 hours after eating so it may be absorbed into your body faster. NOW this discharge seems to be drying up or coming out less!!!. When I try to milk it out I can hardly see anything  coming out. I am halfway through the pills and it says when it starts to clear up you can discontinue use or finish the entire thing which is what I am going to do. ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD THESE SYMPTOMS SHOULD ASK YOUR DOCTORS ABOUT ""DOXYCYCLINE"" OR SIMPLY DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET OR IN A LOCAL LIBRARY.. They can't exactly tell me what it is but trust me this antibiotic seems to be working. I just hope by the time the priscription (prescription) finishes these discharges go away and never ever come back... LOOK IT UP!!!........& KEEP YOURSELVES PROTECT TECTED BY USING CONDOMS!!!
Do not worry. That is candida or male yeast infection. The good thing is that you have some symptoms. With many people there are no symptoms and that can go really bad.

First, candida is present in everybody and sometimes can grow above normal levels and can cause problems. You do not need to have sex to have overgrowth of candida. It can happen if you are expose to a lot of stress, eat a lot of sugar (candies, chocolate etc...), eat a lot of products that contain yeast.

I had this problem too and the way how I fought candida is very healthy and natural, with food. Going on antibiotics is bad choice. Antibiotics can cause candida to mutate and become resistant to them and then can be serious trouble.
First thing I did is I completely took out sugar and yeast from my diet.
I started eating onion, a lot of it. The most important of all is garlic. Since the garlic smells, I choose odorless garlic pills (pure garlic oil no additives).
I went on therapy and within a week there was no discharge, no headaches, no itchy legs nothing. Of course I continue going with lower dose of garlic for next several months just to make sure.

Be aware that when candida start dying you will start feeling very sleepy, having headaches etc... That is because when this fungus is dying leaves strong toxins in your body. You must drink a lot of purified water to flush toxins out of your body.
Also may help to get some candida clear pills made from natural ingredients and consume them with garlic pills. You can use candida clear oils and in that way you attack this from all sides internal and external.
It worked with me.

Good luck!
It could be many things.... Did they test you for herpes too?
All of your penis's will soon fall off. It's quite common.But don't worry dickless men can make lots of money at the carnival
Through out the years I've occasionaly had a knotty red pustuls on the inside of my thighs, some I burst and kept clean then they just went away.  But recently I had one appear on the opposite side of my thigh and it seems differen't.  This morning I noticed some discharge in my underwear that was white & oderless.  I've had a slight itch in my uethera after 'rubbin one off'  before but nothing more.  I'm going in for a check up tomorrow I'll keep posted.  How has your issue been resolved?
first i have a white/yellow discharge. 4 or 5 days before the discharge came out i had been in a sex. I immediately drink ciprofloxacin and doxycyline twice a day. The discharge have gone but after 2 or 3 days there is another discharge, but now it is white odorless sometimes there is a little pain. I always drink a lot of water but the white discharge is still there. Can someone help me?
i am 17, i am a virgin... i just went to the bathroom and then i saw this clearish white goo on the tip of my penis. so i pulled on it, then i ended up with this 3-4inch string of it. it is just like what you guys have described, except none of you mentioned that it was a string. at first i thought it was just some **** leftover from last night, but i ended up with two more strings by the time i was done, so the first thing i did was look up the symptoms, and found this page. here i am.      i have had no itching or burning, and this is the first time it has happened. i am a VIRGIN, what is happening to me? i am worried to do so, but i have to tell my dad of this incident as soon as he gets home from work.
I am a 20 year old male in college. I had sex three months ago when the condom broke. For about a month and a half, I have had white discharge, itchy urethra, itchy tip of urethra, some burning while urinating, and the feeling that I can't urinate fully. I have been tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia three times and it came back negative. I have been tested for a UTI, herpes, and HIV, which all came back negative. A urine culture was performed and I supposedly had a yeast infection. Fluconazole 100 mg was prescribed to me for 10 days, but it really didn't do much. A prostate exam was then performed and supposedly I have a prostate infection. I have been on Bactrim DS for 5 days now and there hasn't been much change at all, but I've been told that the antibiotic might not work the first week. I hope this is helpful.
Ok fellas I recently thought I had  a std but have been faithful to my girl. So I assumed my girl was cheating on me! I had a discharge from my penis that came about once in awhile. Sometimes I would milk my penis & I would see a discharge, sometimes I would see nothing. I went to the Dr & he examined me & saw no signs of a  std. My Dr still gave me 2 pills to combat any std's. A week later i went back & got my test results, they came back negative. I had nothing! Told my Dr something was wrong I know I had a discharge from my penis. I asked him if maybe I had a urinary tract infection he said not to worry the pills I took at the beginning of the week were anti biotics & would treat the urinary tract infection. So far its been 1 week since I took the pills & I have not seen any discharge but I Still feel a tingle when I'm urinating inside my penis. I have been drinking cranberry juice to help my urinary tract.  I realized after coming to this site & seeing everyone posting that maybe I didn't have a std. One thing for sure my Dr said if the problem persists go to a urologist. All you guys out there don't play around go  see a urologist before the matter gets worse I can tell you this my Dr was basically looking at me like I was crazy when I told him after my results came back clean that I still think I had a problem. What's happening to us is rare in men & they are not prepared to treat us so they will brush us off that's why go see a urologist.
I'm 22 very sexually active and I have a problem. For about a week now o ha e had constant secrections come from the tip of my penis and its sticky and seems to do Lind of a scab deal after it dries. But when *** dries its white my secrections are ranging from light brown with a slight yellowish tint to dark brown with a heavy yellow tint. It Burns when I use he bathroom and when I touch it Idk what it is and how serious it is. I'm scared to ask for advice from friends and don't want to ask my mom what's wrong ( she's a nurse and pharmacologist). What to do and any home remedies?
Two weeks ago I was masterbaiting with out using any cream or anything and the next day I noticed a swelling on my penis than something green that looks like *** came out and it dose not hurt when I urenate and till today but its not green naw it's like *** two weeks before this happend I had sex with this girl that I meet but the thing that comes out of my penis started after I masterbaited hard ... Please Help me .
you knw what guys, im not a doctor wat so evr..  i think  the reason why of having that problem is are smtimes because of tomuch taking of any food supliment, medicines, coz midicne can also cure but it can also kill the good bacteria and tissue of our body that can cause of diff. symptoms same as the fluid comes out in our pnis.. so if the doctors find negatve. DNT WORY..
I also have the same problem, I have white thin stuff coming out of my penis and it hurts like hell. I suspect its an infection and its only been 2 days since I had this? Should I go see a doctor or should I just go to a chemist for antibiotics?
I gotten this two times so far. First time was when after sticking something down my penis and taking it back out, then soon I took a **** then a bit later this white ooze came out and I was annoyed by it.  Now today it happened again and it happened again. first after breakfast, I was just laying in bed with my precious possessions then I decided to **** then went back to laying with my precious items and I was just resting with them until my penis acted like I had to **** again and those white stuff dripped out. A tiny bit got on my left hand, and my cover but none on my possessions thankfully. I had to get a handkerchief to have the white stuff land to it. I'm starting to get paranoid about this and I never had sex before. I looked on other sites by looking this up but similar ideas on what this white gooey ooze might be.
whoops it didn't hapen twice today, that was a typo
Can you please let me know those medications please ? I have this issue too from last 7 months. I consulted 3 doctors and they took all sort of test. STD/ HIV/ Urine/Blood and came up with answers that am "OK" . But I dont think so . I didnt have this earlier so why now is my question ?
Please help
Guys, I am 28 year old guy, and the first day I noticed this was when I had a stinking smell from my penis - it was almost like rotten fish and I also saw yellowish discharge .. I consulted a doctor who said not to worry and gave me antibiotics and a cream to be applied on the penis ..After some days, the rash on the penis went away but the yellowish , involuntary painless discharge remained. For last 6 months now I have gone through 5 tests of HIV/ STD/ Chlaymadia/Urinary/Blood but every report says am "rocking" . But mentaly I am breaking down. I have proper erection but cant hold it on for more than 10 minutes - and the discharge happens.  

I need to know more answers - I can tell you what hasnt had worked
a. Antibiotics
b. Garlic and Water treatment

I went for urethral swab test and came out that its caused due to pus cells - gram positive bacilli
pls guys, has any one gotten solution to this problem cause i have been having all the above symptoms for over 7 years now but the discharge of white fluid after urinating began roughly 4 years now and since then my erection has been very very weak cannot make penetration,the funny side about this is that, i am 26 year old now and i have never had sex before, God pls help me, this my problem started since 2002 with painful blood discharge after urine now the end result is weak erection, i dnt know if it will even get more worse than this. so pls guys i want any possible solution even if it will be description of a drug, i will try it out pls.
I did have pain when peeing and I did have a white fluid coming out too. I went to a doctor and got a urine and blood test. They said I had a lot of bacteria and it was a UTI infection.  They gave me a shot of antibiotics and 4 antibiotics pills as a one dose. The pain went away and so did the discharge.  But it came back w/o the pain.  I'm leaking a lot. The doctor called me back for another test because they found massive amounts of bacteria and tissue.  She said they did a culture test but nothing grew. So I needed a second test while I fast
She did tell me I was STD free and HIV NEGATIVE.  But it could be a kidney stone or kidney infection but she will not know until they analyse the second test.  All the info I've read says it could be an infection to kidney necrosis a blader infection to cancer. I'm freaking out. Ill let you guys know when they tell me. Till then I'm drinking water and cranberry juice like crazy.
No word yet from my M.D. but I have friend who was born with a deviated euratha n gets U.T.I.'S often. He told me of a Chinese medicine that does not interfere with antibiotics.  I ordered it on Amazon. N received it today. Took three doses so far n the discharge has slowly stopped! It's been less than 24 hr n I can see positive results.  I am not on antibiotics so it's not that. It has to be the pills.  The name of them are BA ZHENG WAN/EIGHT RIGHTEOUS TEAPILLS. I'm totally serious about this. It also clears kidney infections and ghonerea and clamedia. I know misspelled the STD 's but you get history of it. No pun intended. I hope this helps like it's helping me at least with the leakage.
For three days now I've noticed that same white stuff I'm really freaking out cos I don't know what it is exactly,is there any drug I can use cos I hate the stain on my shorts
Have sticky pus, that does not occur often. This is even 4 months after uti treatment. Its painless n odurless. What could it be
Dear all,
The below exact same symptoms happened to me and this is mainly due to bacteria which normally live in the mouth, on your or someone else's/partner skin, It is very common indeed. So again, it can be spread by oral, anal and vaginal sex. So the Dr given me following Antibiotics for 5 days and it can be reduced. But you should not do any contacts with any partners during 5 days and if your partner has same, both needs to take.
Metronidazole - 400mg - 1 tablet for 3times a day for 5 days
Doxixycycline hyclate tablets usp- 100mg - 1 at night for 5 days
B-complex - 500mg- 1 at every morning for 5 days

After 5 days it will go down and if need you can continue for 5 more days and consult your Dr if need any help.

Hi All,

Non-specific Urethritis (NSU)

Have you found the solution? This sounds very similar to what I have been experiencing.

27yr old male, Married for 2 years (same partner)
Last month, I was on ciproflox (anti bactierial) for 10 days, twice a day. It was due to some kind of Bacterial infection. The doctor wasn't sure it if was testicle/above testicle or prostate since I was having referred pain in that area.
Came back clean on all STDs, even herpes. My wife has a full battery of tests as well as is clean. I felt fine after finishing the cipro to my best knowledge, until the other day (a few days after I slept with my wife), when I noticed my frequency in urination had drastically increased, along with nocturia (needing to get up to pee in the night at least twice), redness/irritation around the base of my penis head yesterday. Last night I had noticed a little discharge. Nothing much. Today the discharge still exists and seems to be more frequent along with frequent urination. No pain, no burning. Just redness/sensitivity around the base of the penis head, and a little discharge.

I'm thinking it's either:
1.) Candida (yeast infection)
2.) Another, Bacterial Infection ....  :-/
3.) A viral infection of some kind.

Hoping it's Candida. Since I was on the cipro anti-bac, I know that you are much more prone to getting a yeast infection. I've been eating a good amount of pizza, sugary foods over the last week and that seems to make the most sense to me. I'm not ruling anything out though. Could be my prostate ( I should add that a few days ago I noticed a little blood in my stool when wiping), could be really anything. But I'm thinking it's a yeast infection of some kind due to the amount of yeasty things I've been eating after taking the cipro. I'll let you all know my diagnosis after I see the Doc on Monday.
I have  problem...  Sometimes after urinating i get a small, thick, painless, Whitish- yellowish discharge.  I also get the sensation that im not finished passing the urine.  Also sometimes there is a very slight burn after urinating or right before. what should i do ?