White Particles in Urine??
I'm a 26 year old female in otherwise good health. For the last week I have had visible white particles in my urine and the feeling (urge) to urinate. Oftentimes when urinating it feels as if my bladder is not quite empty. I went to the dr. and showed neg. test result for UTI. He was not too interested after this result. What could this be??

Thanks...
Various forms of vaginosis (i.e. bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection, or trichinella) can cause a vaginal discharge that may have gotten into the urine, resulting in the white particles.  A pelvic examination as well as a wet prep of the discharge can rule out these causes.

If the urge to urinate continues, you may want to consider a repeat of the urinalysis and possible antibiotic therapy.  If the tests continue to be not revealing, a urology referral can be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
A related discussion, white cloudy particles in urine was started.