Urology Community
White semen dries up to yellow then brown

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I noticed for the first time when I saw that some of the semen landed on the bottom of the garbage pail. After a few days it turned sticky and turned sort of red-brownish. I tested this by releasing my semen next time I masturbated onto a napkin. On those heavy duty paper towels it dried off yellow ish around the edges (the center is still clearish) after a few days, but on a regular tissue it dried off with brownish edges. The semen on the napkin dried off crusty and not sticky like the one on the garbage pail. The semen is white (light yellow tint) when first released, and I don't see any color in the semen that could lead it to drying brown. What could be the reason for this color change in drying?
I would like to add onto what I wrote that the first 1-2 days of drying the semen is clear, but it changes color on the 3rd day onwards.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This can be due to hematospermia. It can occur due to many conditions such as infections, swellings (inflammations), cysts, stones & other obstructive lesions, and benign or non-benign tumors of the organs of the genitourinary system (involving the bladder, urethra, the testicles, the seminal vesicles, the epididymis, the prostate gland etc). Investigations include blood tests, routine & culture tests of urine & semen, ultrasound & MRI scans of genitourinary system, and histopathological tests (FNAC, biopsy etc).

So, I suggest you to consult a General Surgeon for a thorough medical check-up and appropriate tests as you might need treatment (medicines and/or surgical intervention) for management of your condition.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Ok thanks, I will have it checked out asap once I'm free.

But before I do, what are the changes that it is something serious? I'm currently 20.
What was the outcome falcon? I might have same issue.