Urology Community
Why are blood clots in my urine after ejaculation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

It seems that each time I ejaculate and urinate afterwards, I notice a small blood clot in my urine (not in the sperm) about the size of a pea.  Each subsequent urination, the clots become much smaller until about after 4 or 5 times, no clots are spotted.  They normally appear right in the beginning, when I start urinating.  I've given it about four days...  Tried again today and the same result, blood clot in my urine.  I'm honestly not sure what provokes it, it could be me either getting an erection initially, or during ejaculation.  

I think it may be due to a 40 mile bike ride I did over two weeks ago and I noticed numbness near my perineum.  The pelvic floor seemed a little sensitive to the touch even days after but after about a week the soreness subsided.  I did not have any issues with blood clots then.  The day this happened I was on my bike, though it was brief, only about 10 min and my guess is that it may have caused some sort of trauma to my prostate...  Just a guess.  Any ideas on what it could potentially be?  And if so, will something like this heal up on it's own?  I don't have ED since my penis can still become erect...  But I wonder if something like this can potentially make me sterile?  Any informed response is greatly appreciated!
Also wanted to add that I am 27 years-old, just in case that may help...