Urology Expert Forum
Why has using laxatives caused eretyle dysfunction
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why has using laxatives caused eretyle dysfunction

I have no previous medical history however do have a histroy of over mastebation.  This has caused a generally weakened condition of my sexual organ however it did not cause erectyle dysfunction or anything serious.

About 3 months ago I developed constipation. I took laxatives(glycerol suppositories) on three occasions and things were fine.  Recently I used these laxatives while lying down on my front.  I noticed that each time I used them my erection became extremely weak with weakened sensation.  I tried to masterbate and noticed the amount of my semen was reducing aswell.  I took the laxative again and it become even worser.   There is no doubt that by taking the glycerol suppositories it irritated/damaged my sexual function somehow, I have stopped taking them.

I am guessing the laxative damaged my prostate gland leading to these symptoms.  Although I have stopped taking laxatives passed 3 days my erection doesnt seem to be recovering.  

Do you have any idea what may  have happened?  
If the prostate was damaged through the rectum due to a harsh laxative will it repair itself or could the damage be permanant?

Thanks