Urology Expert Forum
Why is my penis deformed?

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Why is my penis deformed?

For as long as I can recall, my penis has leaned slightly toward the left and up about 20-30 degrees. That's not where the problem ends, unfortunately.

I don't know how I didn't notice it before this, but after sex about two years ago my penis appeared freakishly deformed. The left side was very inflamed and slimmer than the right, as if the "meat" under the skin had deteriorated.

The entire left side of the shaft feels tougher than the right also. Even erect, I can feel the sponginess of the right side, but barely any on the left.

A pronounced curve and twist to the left has developed over time also.

After quite a bit of reading up, a lot of it sounds like Peyronie's Disease. But the fact that one side is noticeably slimmer and rotated to the left makes me worry that it's something even worse that I haven't heard of yet.

I plan to see a doctor within the next month to get it looked at, but I'd like to get all the information possible before doing so.
There is variance in how the penis is shaped from person to person.

I agree that Peyronie's Disease is a concern, give the description of the curvature.  

Obtaining an ultrasound to visualize any plaque can be considered.  Medications and possible injection therapy into the plaques can be considered for treatment.

If these measures are not effective, surgery can be considered.

This option can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
1 Comment
A related discussion, Deformed Penis was started.