Urology Expert Forum
a tissue in the urine

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

a tissue in the urine

Hi, it seems to be a nice web site.
I had kidney stones and got ESWL and had some small stones removed after the treatment. I had CT, ultrasonography, IVP for ureter (Kidney, ureter, bladder) and no suspicous things, except the stones which might have been out by now. I had seen some blood in the urine after the ESWL probably during the stone coming down period.
This couple of days, I've seen two times a tissue in my urine. It is like a skin (of course wet). When I dried it, it looks like a skin, or flake that we have in the head when it's dirty and we scratch it.
I looked for some information about the tissue in the urine case. The bladder cancer, in its Tis stage, has velvety patch in the bladder, and I guess it might come out through urine. Another thing is 'renal papillary necrosis'. The papillae of the kidney dies for some reason(ex:blood blockage) and the dead tissue sloghs off and comes out through urine.
I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow, but I'm asking it here to see if somebody had experienced something like what I have.
Please advice me on this. Thank you very much.
Difficult to say without evaluation.

Sending the tissue out for a pathology report can be considered to definitively determine what it is.  

If it continues, a cystoscopy can be considered to look for anatomical abnormalities, as well as to comprehensively evaluate the bladder for any anomolies.  

Sending the urine off for analysis can also be considered.

I would discuss these options with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0
0