Urology Community
after menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

after menopause

I HAVE HAD CONSTANT BURNING INFLAMATION (inflammation) OF URETHRA. THE CAT SCAN NEG. THE BLOOD IS  N URINE. HAVE HAD BLOOD WORK NORMAL. WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS CONSTANT BURNING NATURAL. THE DOCTOR GAVE ME ETROGEN I STARTED BLEEDING. WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS? I AM 25 YEARS AFTER MENOPAUSE.

This discussion is related to Urethra Burns.

This may be a urinary tract infection.

Your doctor may order a Urine Analysis to find out if there are any significant pus cells or bacteria can be isolated.

Hope this helped.

Let me know if you need any more help/info.

Best regards
If your doctor does a UA and it is negative,
You could have a yeast infection or a vaginal bacterial infection.
It is important to let the doctor diagnosis which it is or not, since yeast infections are one of the top misdiagnosed things people self treat for.
There is also a possibility that you have interstitial cystitis or vulvadynia. I know that IC can appear suddenly.  I am an IC patient and support group leader for MOARK IC, (Missouri and Arkansas).  I also have vulvadynia and I know the burning associated with both came on suddenly though at different times.  I would make sure to
have your doctor rule out other problems first.  Then if you come
up with no other answers, ask him about Interstitial Cytitis or Vulvadynia. I will gladly send you some links to help and information
on both, when you need it, if you just send me a message!

Hang in there... in the meantime ice or cold packs helps, as does soaking in a warm bath with baking soda added to the water!

Shelly
I would very much like to read the links to Interstitial Cystitis and Vulvadynia.  Thanks for offering to share.