Urology Community
anal sphincter relaxation methods to ease anal stenosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anal sphincter relaxation methods to ease anal stenosis

Hi all!!!!

I have been suffering from anal stenosis for the last few years. The urologist that treated me, followed by periodic manual dilatations, suggested to do a couple of daily relaxation exercises of the sphincter muscles. His method has proven to work for me, and relaxing that area helps the stenosis.

However, I have another unrelated problem and a physiotherapist has recommended some standard exercises to strengthen my pelvis and hip area. The problem is that I am not certain if those exercises will contract the sphincter and worsen the stenosis...
I have taken a look in the internet, and there are exercises called Kegel exercises, which are supposed to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. These exercises are based on contracting and relaxing cycles of the anal area...

For the anal stenosis issue, am I supposed to just relax, or contracting the annus as Kegel exercises do is also beneficial.
Should I be worried about the impact of certain sports and exercises in my anal stenosis ?
Has anybody use relexation to ease the anal pectenosis?

Thanks!!!