Urology Community
aplastic kidney
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

aplastic kidney

Hi, when i was 14 i had a bone scan which discovered i only had one kidney on the right. from further scans it was stated that my right kidney was enlarge but also had scarring. an a 73% function of this kidney was determined. the scarring was thought to have happened when i was a small child. which ties in with issues my mum had with me when i was a toddler. I would say that I have had no direct medical problem with my kidney since. Altough no I'm having problems with frequently needing the toilet,and it feels uncomfortable around my bladder most of the time. the doctors have ruled out any infections and don't seem to be interested in what it could be.
Another point too, more recently my mum had a ultrasound scan to which they couldn't find one of her kidney's. which has left me trying to push the doctors into scaning my 4 year old son, as he is displaying all the same behaviour and health patterns as I did when I was young, Feeling tired alot, random high temperatures one minute and then fine a few hours later. lack of interest in food but constantly wanting a drink, sometimes looking very pale and dark under the eyes, periods where he constantly wets. Although children go through phases these patterns are even something his nursery is pointing out as they aren't the same as what they've expereniced with other children.  Only the doctors are very dismissive of this. I am worried about him and obviously want him to be fine. but at the same time if he does have the same kidney condtion i would feel happier in knowing what it was and knowing that he will be ok as I have lived a normal life where my kidney is concerned. where now it seems like he is randomly ill or should i say more like he keeps having these off days to which worries me with no explaination. sorry for the long winded statement but what would you suggest to this and why aren't the doctors showing interest in something that i see as really simple ,thankyou kfh