bladder pacemaker - urine retention
is the bladder pacemaker only suitable for incontinence or does it also work for people with urine retention caused by antipsychtoic medication?
Drug induced urinary retention is usually treated by urinary catheterization and reducing the dose of the culprit drugs. Urinary retention is one of the known adverse effects seen with antipsychotics.
Bladder pacemaker is used only for patients who have long standing problems of micturition e.g those suffering from urge incontinence, spinal cord injuries and not for patients of drug induced urinary retention.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.
Dear Sir

thank you for your comment on my post titled "bladder pacemaker - urine retention" caused by antipsychotic medication. We have indeed reduced the antipsychotics as much as possible (unfortunately we can not get of them altogether) and have begun cathetirisations. We are looking for a more permanent solution. Why would the pacemaker not work in our case? Is it because that the behaviour of the bladder affected by the drugs is not stable enough so that it can be recorded by the test device and thus produce a reliable pattern on which the final pacemaker will operate?

Thank you again for you rkind attention
Parrisia