Urology Community
bladder sling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bladder sling

hi i got a bladder sling put on earlier this year when i had my hysterectomy and i have had nothing but problems.  after i got out of the hospital the next day i couldnt pee anymore. i had to have a cathiter for the next couple weeks. during that time i would go in and they would take out the cath and have me fill up my bladder then come back and see if i could pee---i couldnt even when my bladder was the fullest at 500cc or even 100cc.  so then they had me start just cathing my self and my bladder finally got used to holding urine agin. but the only eay i can pee is if i make my bladder relax and since my last check up where they tasted my bladder and vaginal muscles my bladder doesnt want to relax anymore and i am back to cathing myself atleast 3 times a week. i also was feeling extreme burning like i had a UTI but they tested me and it was negative!!WHAT!!  i get really bad cramps now and this throbbing pain thats wraps around my stomack into my back and if i am driving when it hits i have to pull over- yes it hurts that bad. cant move or barely breath.  they said that my bladder isnt  infected but is constantly inflamed. they said that i could go to denver and see a urogynocologist to see if they can figure it out or get the sling out. but will my bladder work nomally again and would all my pain go away if that happens? im running out of options and i just turned 27 years old!!!!
Hello lynne911,

It seems that you are having some complication of the hysterecetomy surgery. You need to consult your urologist as now the baldder needs some modulation in terms of better support. Also bladder training exercises would help.

Best
thanks for the advice but unfortunately i have already done that. My surgery was in april almost 6 months ago and any time my bladder has any urine in it it feels completley and painfully full. My bladder has been checked and everyone says that my sling is in place and doesnt think that it is on to tight either.l my cramps and all my other pains have intensified dramatically over the past 2 weeks. My bladder doesnt leak at all but i can not push to pee like normal people either. The moment i start to push my bladder stops peeing. When ever i am really tired or have slept all night my seems too full and no matter how much i try to make my bladder relax it wont and then i have to self cath.

dont know
I have had bladder problems off and on now for years and it has gotten worse since ... I cant seem to ever empty my bladder , I have constant  istraining on my stomach and back from pushing cuz i sit down and  never can go .. though my bladder is full and always feels like i can go i cant and its very irraiting and the fact i also have constant constipation i feel like maybe that could be why? idk?? its just i drink water consistenly and idk what else to do?