Urology Community
bladder spasms and catheters
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bladder spasms and catheters

my 3 year old stopped passing urine for no apparent reason  all mri ultra sound tests have found nothing abnormal. he had auretheral catheter  in for 3 weeks but it statred to cause bladder spasms  he then had a supra pubic catheter in and the spasms are much worse now ultra sound shows catheter situated correctly and drainage is good. ditrapan is not keeping spasms at bay and he has needed oramorph and diazepam.the doctors dont seem to have any answers  my son hols his anal area when the spasms come on please help me  could there be any other cause or is there any thing i can do to help my child it is heartbreaking to watch him in this amount of pain