bladder spasms and catheters
my 3 year old stopped passing urine for no apparent reason  all mri ultra sound tests have found nothing abnormal. he had auretheral catheter  in for 3 weeks but it statred to cause bladder spasms  he then had a supra pubic catheter in and the spasms are much worse now ultra sound shows catheter situated correctly and drainage is good. ditrapan is not keeping spasms at bay and he has needed oramorph and diazepam.the doctors dont seem to have any answers  my son hols his anal area when the spasms come on please help me  could there be any other cause or is there any thing i can do to help my child it is heartbreaking to watch him in this amount of pain
Catheters are known to aggravate bladder spasms. My daughter had excruciating bladder spasms for about 2-3 weeks after bladder surgery. Since then I've been collecting  information on bladder spasms because there's not much help out there from medical sites: http://ureteralreimplant.wordpress.com/ Parents with kids who've suffered spasms have contributed to the postings with their own experiences and possible treatment.