Urology Community
bladder spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bladder spasms

when i get the pains for a bladder spasms it alll starts when i hold my urine too long. then once when i go the bathroom the spasms start to hurt but if i just relax my body then it starts to go away but if i run or doing any of those things my pain starts/ this is exrusciating pain i scream until we get to the hospital what do  i do? is this bladder spasms
I have been experiencing excruiciating pain in my bladder and my urethra is very tender. Also I experience constant pushing and pressure and it feels like I have to urinate all the time even after I've emptied by bladder. Also, I notice the same thing that as soon as I relax my body it just goes away!! My doctor did diagnose me with bladder spasms but I am still going to a urologist to make sure everything is okay.
Those sound a lot like bladder spasms!  I actually have vaginal suppositories with valium and lidocaine etc. that help, when I get these.

I actually have Interstitial Cystitis, I am an iC support group leader and director of MOARKIC(Networking patients and medical practitioners here in Missouri and Arkansas).
Bladder spasms, as well as the symptoms emm21 describes could be IC.
Though there are no cures for IC/Painful bladder syndrome, there are a lot of things that can help get the pain under control!  There are also a lot of great resources on IC from the ICA or the IC-network. If you need any more info about IC you can pm me directly!

One thing you might check with your doctor to make sure is OK for you to try is over the counter AZO or Uristat.  Both are a bladder analgesic and help with bladder pain and spasms!  

I hope this helps you!  I kow that for me the bladder spasms can be very scary and painful. Having a way to get them under control from home, is very empowering!

Good luck and PLEASE let me know how you are doing and if down the road you do
get an IC diagnosis!

Shelly Matthewson
Private Researcher
IC Support Group Leader
Director of MOARKIC