bladder suspension complications
I had a partial histerectomy which involved removal of my uterus and a bladder suspension back in the 1980s.  In the past few years, as a result of this surgery, I have had numerous bladder infections that seem unending.  Apparently the undissolved surgurical string and mesh is seeping into my bladder which is causing the infections.  I have had several procedures under anesthesia to removal the debris.  Once the doctor found a piece of string a few inches long.  I am due to go under in two weeks to have this done again.

My question is this?  My doctor says that problem will continue, but doing this "minor surgery" is better than going in and getting the problem repaired through major surgery.  He said the surgery was initally done improperly and that is why I have this problem?  What is your opinion and should I get a second opinion?"

Thank you,
A partial hysterectomy with bladder suspension is a common procedure, but even routine surgeries can have complications.

A second opinion is always a good idea, from someone you can trust, someone who has done the procedure you're considering many times, with lower rates of complications.

Dr. Enoch Choi, MD
Palo Alto, CA
my mum has been bleeding when passing urine for 3 weeks and is on her third lot of antibiotics but these do not seen to be working. her doctor has referred her for an internal camera examination and says it could be something leaking or seaping from her bladder. What do you think this could be? The blood test she had came back as an infection. Thankyou cd