Urology Community
bladder-vagina problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bladder-vagina problem

hi, I'm 22, female. after having 2 cistoscopies last summer for a hamaturia I was left with OAB. the doctors said everything is fine but I can't manage to fully recover. I don't have UTI and I don't have any problem sleeping. the urgency is due to stress ( in public, at school, when other people are around), thong, pants and traveling by car but sometimes even when I walk. I never had leakage but I'm terrified of having one. I think the real source aren't clothes or car traveling, cause I can wear tight clothes at home or travel by car with my boyfriend only, I think it is due to fear of leakage, it's in my head! I'm fine at home, perfect, but when I'm in public the problem occurs and I'm not a shy person! and I realy don't understand why car movement or thong causes the urgency. please help!
Did your dr say what was causing the hemoturia? Did you tell the dr that you now have OAB? Is there actual leakage or just the urge to go right now? Sometimes wearing a thong (especially under tight outer clothing) can irritate the delicate tissues of the vulva area, maybe what you are experiencing is sensation of irritation rather than leakage. When you are home are you wearing looser clothing? I can't imagine any connectionw to the car movement other than you are sitting which might also bind up the thong more. With true OAB, there s/b leakage on a more regular basis, not when just in a public setting. The sensation of urge may be tied more to the stress you are feeling with whatever situation you are in when in a public setting (sometimes we don't even realize how stressed we are but our bodies are reacting).

I assume you have not had any children, if you've had a vaginal childbirth, there may be something else going on. If not, try wearing bikinis instead of thong for one week and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, then give me a shout back and we can dig deeper or I can refer your post to the Urology forum.

Good luck julie, I hope it gets squared away.

Sher
at first they said I have a kidney tumor and they should extract my right kidney and I was sent to the best doctor in Romania and after 2 weeks of investigations he said I was just fine and didn't have anything. a month later I went back because of my OAB symtoms (symptoms). I didn't wear tight clothes or thong since then and I was on vesicare for a couple of months and also had acupuncture. I must say I'm better now  because in the first 3 or 4 months I had this urge all the time, every second of the day, even at home, no matter what I was doing! the doc found Staphylococcus aureus in my vagina, not in my uretra or bladder and I was on Gentamicine injections while I was there at the hospital and they said I got rid of it but my symtoms (symptoms) didn't improve at all! they said there is nothing else they can do. I never had leakage, not one drop, but the urge is so strong sometimes, I get scared, I contract all my muscles, start sweating. I'm ok at home but I still can't travel by car and sometimes walk for to long. I just don't know what else to do! I drink tea, don't smoke, no alcohol but it doesn't help at all!
There may be a couple of different directions you can go in for this. Have any of the physicians recommended you try medications specifically for OAB urge sensation? There are a few different choices of meds available, they treat the nerve and muscle function to reduce the degree and frequency of bladder contractions. Another thought is if your pelvic floor muscle (pc muscle) is very weak,  it may not be supporting the bladder properly and this may be causing the sensation. Are you able to contract your pc muscle tightly? (This is the sensation you feel when you stop the flow of pee.) To test your pc muscle contraction, you can wash your hands thoroughly, insert 1 or 2 fingers into the vagina and then clamp down on them. If you can't feel any contraction on your fingers, your pc muscle is very weak and we can address how to improve that. If that is not the case, then I would think one of the meds might be worth a try. Once you get back to me on these 2 items, I'll know whether or not to have administration forward your post to urology; they would be the proper department to address meds for OAB.
hi,I did the test for my pc muscle and felt contraction on my finger so I guess that isn't the problem. I took OAM meds. Vesicare 10 mg...it didn't help!
I will contact administration Julie and have them transfer your post to urology, someone there s/b able to guide you further.

Good luck, I am hopeful you will find a solution to the problem soon!

Sher
it's sad to see nobody has a clue about my problem :( I guess I can lose hope of getting better
Please don't loose hope Julie, there is always a reason for every health issue. Were any pictures taken of your bladder? I don't know if it's possible for damage to be done with cystoscopy but I have to wonder. Hang in there a little bit longer, I'm going to contant my advisor @ MedHelp and see if she can't get a urologist to advise you. You might also try to find a holistic health care practitioner in your area, they tend to look at health from a different prospective. I'll send a message to my advisor now to see if she can't get a urologist to advise you.

Sher
One more thought Julie, try inserting a tampon to see if that has any impact on leakage. Sometimes creating a source of support for the bladder neck will help with incontinence. If this helps, there is a product I may be able to suggest for you to try. I do however feel you really need to find out the source of the problem.

There s/b someone responding soon to address your concerns!
Sher
hi, I never had any leakage, it's just urge and I start to think that everything can make it worse, from thong, tight clothes to car traveling or stres. I'm not wearing thong or tight clothes since the problem started but I must travel by car and I cannot control stres. can it be only in my head? And if it could...how can I make it stop? :(