bladder
I have been diagnosed with an over-active bladder which causes incontinence and pain after urination.A urologist has prescribed medication containing Tolterodine tartrate.Should I be taking this if I am already on medication for Atrial Fibrillation?Thanks.
I just read your post about Atrial Fib and meds for overactive bladder.  I have Atrial Fib, and my doctor wanted to prescribe Vesicare.  I read up on this med, and found it could cause irregular heartbeats.
This makes me nervous.  What medication are you currently taking for the bladder problem?  Is it working for you, and does it cause a problem with the heart?
I would like to hear from you since I'm right in the middle of trying to find the right med.
Did you ever find the right medication for your overactive bladder?  I am now on Sanctura.  I'm almost finished with the two week trial.  
When I was first diagnosed with this problem, my doctor didn't think I had to change my lifestyle at all.  I asked him about coffee in the morning, and he said go ahead and have a cup.  It shouldn't matter.
I don't understand this since all the websites suggest eliminating caffeine, and so do the manufacturers of the meds prescribed for this ailment.
I stopped the caffeine on my own about a week ago.  I still have a slight headache from the withdrawal.  But, I must admit my problem is a lot better.
I don't know if I'll be taking Sanctura on a regular basis because of the cost.  I may try Ditropan, because I think it's available in a generic version.
Let me know how you're making out with the Detrol . . .