Urology Expert Forum
bleeding from penis when aroused
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bleeding from penis when aroused

a few months ago i noticed bleeding from my penis(urethra) after particularly vigourous intercourse during which my erection was bent down to a very uncomfortable position briefly. the blood was not flowing but washed away when i urinated. I put this out of my mind untill it ocurred again the next time during sex about two weeks later. since then when particularly aroused i  feel a slight discomfort from somwhere behind my testicles and a volume of blood folows. This does not flow but is washed out when i next urinate (often along with blood clots) My ejaculate remains normal.
I have spoken to my GP about this and have had blood and urine tests done. The tests confirm that my liver and kidney functions are normal, blood count is normal and beyond slight protein traces my urine is normal.
I have also been for an endoscopy but beyond a slight redness in one small area of my urethra everything (bladder included) looks fine. The hospital where the endosopy was done prescribed a short course of antibiotis for 'non-specific urethrits'. The course was completed but the problem persists...
I suspect that during that first time i somehow manged to rupture a blood vessel or perhaps part of the corpus cavernosa and now when aroused beyond a certain point it is reopening and leting out a quantity of blood?
I went for a week without sex before and after the endoscopy but now i find that it has not helped :(

my GP and the Hospital seem unwilling to listen to my symptons in any detail... any help would be greatly appreciated as i am unable to engage in intercourse anymore :(

I am very concerned about this and would like to know where the blood is coming from and what treatment might put a stop to it.

Many thanks