Urology Community
bleeding from the penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bleeding from the penis

after having sex my boyfriend ejaculated blood and was slightly bleeding after words what could be the cause of this?
Avatar dr m tn
The presence of blood in the semen (ejaculate) is also called hematospermia. Blood in semen can be caused by many conditions affecting the male genitourinary system. These include infections , inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis) , calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate , polyps in the urethra , ejaculation-duct obstructions , abnormalities in the seminal vesicles  and benign or malignant tumors. I sincerely advice you to consult a urologist and get it evaluated.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.