Urology Community
blood after urinating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood after urinating

me and my husband had a sex in the early morning in the evening I've noticed after urinating i see pink bloods.I'm confused about it.pls explain what is it?When I was still single I had an experience same now the doctor told me it was a bladder infection.Do you think I have the same now? Should I go the doctor immediately.pls advice..thank you and more power..

This discussion is related to Blood After Urination.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Blood after urination can be due to injury to the urethra during vigorous intercourse,cervictis,vaginitis, lesions of the urinary tract, contamination during menstruation, trauma, tumours, malaria or stones in the urinary tract.

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine. I would suggest a urologist’s consultation for this.
I hope that helps. Take care and regards.

thank you so much for the explanation..I went to a urologist and had an abdominal ultrasound,blood test and urine test..He said I have small stone in my left side.The result of my urine is I have a severe infection in my urine..He gave me medicines to take.TAVANIC 500 mg once a day and URISPAS 200 mg 3x a day.I have a quetion pls.I'm taking a contraceptive pills which is YASMIN is it safe for me to take those medicines?Pls tell me what are the foods that I have to eat for my situation.It's not easy for me because I'm cooking everyday for my husband.Pls advice.Thank you so much and God Bless you....
I have been getting serious pains in both of my sides radiating to my back. I went to the doctor and he gave me lots of medication which did help the pain.  I went to the bathroom and after urinating I saw a smer of blood like more pinkis. I had a burning pain down below and I had the urge to go back again and the same thing happened.  I am having the pain aroung my sides into my back again and it is getting worst.  I have seen blood twice before this time around.  I had no treatment for bladder infection. Do you think I have a stone.  I find it dificult to sleep at night, I cannot move aroung in bed without the pain in my sides and back.  Mosly the right hip under my rib cage.