Urology Community
blood found in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood found in urine

Hi all
I recently had to have a routine test at my doctors, they found blood in my urine, they sent the sample to the lab for further tests and it all came back negative for infections etc. I then had to wait two weeks and take another urine sample to my doctors for testing, this also showed blood in it, it is not visible, but shows up on one of those test strips.
I have no other symptoms at all, no pain or burning when urinating, no urgency to urinate.
I take aspirin and simsavastatin for my heart condition, aspirin 75mg daily and the statin 40mg daily.
Anyone any ideas what could be wrong?
gandalff
Avatar dr m tn
Microscopic hematuria can be due to urinary tract (bladder) infection,swelling in the filtering system of the kidneys ,stone in bladder or in a kidney,blood disease, like sickle cell anemia,certain medicines and tumors in the urinary tract.
You may need a series of investigations like urine examination,urine culture,ultrasound or cystoscopy to confirm the diagnosis.Pls consult a urologist and get it done.
I hope it helps.Take care and regards.