Urology Community
blood from penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood from penis

Hi I'm a 21 yo student who's in good health. However when masturbating 2 days ago with lube, I squeezed my shaft too hard while I was ejaculating. This caused my ejaculating to stop for a second, then it started coming out again mixed with blood (brown semen).

Right after I was done ejaculating, 4 or 5 drops of blood came out of my penis hole. Needless to say I was scared to death. Since then my penis has been less sensitive and the shaft is stiffer than it should be when flaccid. It looks like there may be a slight bruise on the urethra on the back of my penis as it is a little purple but I'm not sure. I'm not sore per se but it does have a little discomfort going on there. I'm real worried, does anyone think this is a major problem? I haven't had any spontaneous erections since this happened (only semi ones) and haven't tried to manually give myself one since. But I don't feel like the same person since this happened. Very stressed. Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This could have been due to trauma to the penis or its blood vessels. Apply cold compresses on the area. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a urologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.

bump
The hard flaccid penis is worrying me. I still don't feel any pain but still haven't had sex. I have a loving girlfriend and I'm young so I don't want this to be a permanent thing. Doctors appointment is booked for next week but would like to know if anyone has experienced anything like this before.

I tried to "stop" my urinating and "start" it again the other day while urinating, and I found that it took a little longer to stop than normal. However, still no pain. No pain in testicles or in penis, just a little discomfort from it being hard and flaccid and smaller when flaccid than it should be.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Take care. But any updates?
Hi, its been 8 days since it all began. Went and saw my GP yesterday, told him the same thing I wrote here. He did not do physical examination on me so this is all he had to go by.

He sent me for blood work to check PSA and a routine urinalysis. He said he thinks it is bruising on the shaft (although I can't see any) and thinks it will heal the same way a bruise on an arm would and to give it time and rest.

I am able to achieve erection but it does not feel quite as sensitive as it used to. Also still does not feel quite the same as before in general. I have achieved erection without physically touching it and have been avoiding sex/masturbation/ejaculation since this has all happened 8 days ago. I have seen some pre-ejaculate and it looks normal.

So right now my symptoms are still: rigid/hard when flaccid. Sometimes it will "hang" looser but the minute I start touching the shaft lightly it hardens up again. Other symptom is the sensitivity issue. My penis is not numb but it does not feel quite as sensitive or strong as it did before.

I hope it can go away soon. He said he will send me to a urologist in September if it is still bothering me by then, but it's very stressful for now.

Dr. Singh, based on what I've said here how much longer do you think I need before trying intercourse?