Urology Expert Forum
blood from the prostate
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

blood from the prostate

I am ejecting blood (about two tablespoons ) with or just after ejaculations
  I have been to a urologist twice in the last 4 weeks, finished a full course of
  antibiotics, been scoped with no apparent problem with the prostate, and the bleeding
  is getting worse.  Some times the blood comes out ahead of urinating
  but only after a previous arousal.  the blood does not normally come
  with the semen, but comes after the erection has subsided.
  however now the blood is coming with the semen and in greater
  amounts.  after i have ejected the blood I can feel a lump grow
  (from further bleeding i think) just behind the testicles, which makes
  it uncomfortabel to sit.  could I have sustained an injury, as the bleeding
  seems to be worse after physical work.
  would greatly apreciate your advise, as I seem to be getting nowhere
  and I have been bleeding about 4 weeks.
  could the blood build up cause a problem if I don't pass it.
  I am 56 years old and a Farmer who must lift and feed hay daily.
  Kindest regards
  Wayne
Related Discussions

_

Dear Wayne,
The condition you describe is called hematospermia. The causes of hematospermia include : infection, or nonspecific inflammation of the urethra, prostate, or seminal vesicles. When associated with infection,odd infections such as tuberculosis, schistosomiasis, and cytomegalovirus may be present.
Examination should include cystoscopy to rule out cancers of the bladder. Sometimes, transrectal ultrasound can be performed and will show stones or cysts of the prostate or seminal vesicles.
Most often, this condition resolves spontaneously. It is rarely associated with any pathology. The duration of symptoms is about 4 to 8 weeks usually. Sometimes, Proscar can be used and has been helpful. However, this medication does have side effects therfore, you should discuss this with your urologist prior to beginning any medication. This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653 6568).
HFHS M.D.-KR
*keyword : hematospermia

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank