Urology Community
blood in urine gone?!?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood in urine gone?!?!

I also found blood in my urine although it only happened after i had urinated then about 2 days later it was gone. i went to a doctor and he took a urine sample and found nothing. so i was wondering it it was just a fluke or if i should be worried.  

This discussion is related to Blood in urine.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Ideally blood in urine should not be ignored. It could have come due to an injury to urethra that could have healed. Gross hematuria visible to naked eye is also seen in kidney and bladder stones, cancer of kidney, sickle cell anemia and bladder infections. Cancers of urinary system or some drugs too cause blood in urine. However all will cause blood to persist in urine.

Hence do not panic. Wait and keep a watch. If you see blood again, consult an urologist.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!