Urology Community
blood in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood in urine

hi for the past couple of days i have had a really bad pain in my penis when i am walking or sat down and when i urinate i have light blood in it which somtimes i have a little clot or something in it i dont no what it is could u tell me or give me advise for wat to do thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn

If you are passing different-shaped clots in your stream, they could represent bleeding from the urethra or prostate (in men). Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder).

When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.In my opinion,consultation of a urologist will be the best.

I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.