Urology Expert Forum
broken penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

broken penis

My husband broke his penis one morning in March when he woke up.  He was still half asleep and pushed his erection backwards, away from him. He said he heard a Pop.  Over time it has gone from a slight bend to almost a 90 degree angle. Basically the top(3 inches)of his penis is "eye to eye" with his belly button when it is erect. He has pain and also there was some scar tissue.  His doctor put him on colchicine, which has done nothing.  He as been unable to get an appointment for further evaluation because he works so much, and the doctor is never available.

Intercourse is impossible. He can ejaculate, with some work.But the bend is very difficult to deal with, emotionally and physically for both of us.  I think he should be more agressive in trying to find a solution to this issue.He is a very sexual person and this is a huge blow to his ego and emotional state.  He says he doesn't feel like a man. This is understandable.  Emotional issues aside, Who can he call, Where can he go, What treatment is the most successful?  Is there a real solution? Is surgery the only answer? Does surgery work?  Can it resolve on it's own, when it seems to be getting worse? Is there something that he should be doing to improve his prognosis while we are looking for these answers.  Please answer as many of my questions as possible.

Please help us to find some answers and information.  Who can I contact to get more information.  Is there a main phone number or web site with the most current information and treatment options available.

Please Help.  Sincerely, Carla