Urology Community
bubble in bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bubble in bladder

My husband has a bubble in his bladder and has had every test possible.  He doesn't have an infection, or any prostate problem.  Is this something to be alarmed about?  They now want him to go to an infectious disease Dr.  My husband will not make that appointment.

Piacere629
What do you mean he has a bubble in his bladder? Do you mean that on ultrasound they found a 'bubble' or do you mean he has a feeling in his bladder like a bubble?
He actually has a bubble in his bladder.  It doesn't really bother him.  The ultrasound and other tests show it.  
He actually has a bubble in his bladder with an ultrasound and other tests.  It doesn't bother him, but at times he can feel it.
Sorry, I'm not meaning to be dumb but do you mean an air bubble or is it a bubble caused by a ureterocele near where the ureter joins the bladder inside. If it is a bubble of air could they not do a cystoscopy and draw the air out or do a fine needle aspiration under ultrasound are remove the air if it is a trouble to him. What makes them think he needs an iunfectious disease follow-up? Is it because of the bubble? It sounds most odd!!
You will need to nag him to go for the appointment, I think.
It really is an air bubble.  He has had a cystoscopy, but you can not draw air out.  Think of it as the wall of your bladder getting air in it.

I don't think he needs an infectious disease Dr.  They just don't know what to do with him.