bulbar urethroplasty
Anyone that can help,

I am a 26 year old that just had a bulbar urethroplasty done in December 2012. I had a recurring stricture (just one) in my urethra and opted for the permanent solution (instead of just cutting the scar tissue at 12 o clock). The Dr. told me he cut out about 1 cm from inside and closed it back up. I never had a graft put in. I had to wear a catheter for about 10 days. I was having erections at night during this time and it was very uncomfortable with the catheter in. After it was taking out, I was able to urinate like a horse, I was very excited. I actually had intercourse about a week after the catheter was removed and when I used the restroom right after, I peed straigh up blood. I did not have intercourse for another two and a half weeks. Everything is going fine now, erections are fine and flow is still perfect but I am not able to ejaculate. I am really worried as I do not have any kids yet and I was hoping to start soon with my wife. Is is normal not to ejaculate or should I seek medical attention for this?
Hi there!

It is not normal to have an ejaculatory dysfunction following a urethroplasty. While there are a few reasons that could result in ejaculatory dysfunction, psychological causes such as stress/ anxiety would need to be ruled out first. Once these have been ruled out with the given history, other causes such as trauma/ injuries, infections/ inflammations, obstruction etc may need to be considered. I would suggest considering a review with your treating urologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan
Hope this is helpful.