Urology Community
bulbar urethroplasty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bulbar urethroplasty

Anyone that can help,

I am a 26 year old that just had a bulbar urethroplasty done in December 2012. I had a recurring stricture (just one) in my urethra and opted for the permanent solution (instead of just cutting the scar tissue at 12 o clock). The Dr. told me he cut out about 1 cm from inside and closed it back up. I never had a graft put in. I had to wear a catheter for about 10 days. I was having erections at night during this time and it was very uncomfortable with the catheter in. After it was taking out, I was able to urinate like a horse, I was very excited. I actually had intercourse about a week after the catheter was removed and when I used the restroom right after, I peed straigh up blood. I did not have intercourse for another two and a half weeks. Everything is going fine now, erections are fine and flow is still perfect but I am not able to ejaculate. I am really worried as I do not have any kids yet and I was hoping to start soon with my wife. Is is normal not to ejaculate or should I seek medical attention for this?
Hi there!

It is not normal to have an ejaculatory dysfunction following a urethroplasty. While there are a few reasons that could result in ejaculatory dysfunction, psychological causes such as stress/ anxiety would need to be ruled out first. Once these have been ruled out with the given history, other causes such as trauma/ injuries, infections/ inflammations, obstruction etc may need to be considered. I would suggest considering a review with your treating urologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan
Hope this is helpful.

Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.