Urology Expert Forum
bumps on tip of penis around urethra

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

bumps on tip of penis around urethra
Hello Doc,
For quite some time, at least as long as I've been paying attention, I've noticed some bumps around my urethra opening on my penis.  There seems to be a handful of small bumps on either side of the urethra that are mainly noticeable if I squeeze my penis to force blood up into the head.  But otherwise, they're not really noticeable.  Also, in examining my urethra opening itself, it appears to be a little lopsided, or there is more of a bump on one side than on the other.  Just at the end of the urethra.  Sorta' half inside and half out of the urethra.  It really isn't too noticeable in resting state.  Just more if I pull the urethra open or if it's engulfed with blood.  Could these issues be anything out of the ordinary?  I can't say I've noticed a marked difference in either of these since I've been paying attention.  Thanks for your help.
Your description sounds quite normal to me. Do not worry.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.