Urology Expert Forum
burning scrotum

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

burning scrotum

i'm a 38 year old male and for the past 2 days i've had a severe irratation to the front part of my scrotum. this irritation consist of a major burning sensation, redness , and some swelling of the skin. i thought it was due to an overuse of detergent. i used considerably less in my last laundry, and i have been using the same brand for years. still a burning is occuring. is this something serious? any insite would be greatly appeciated--thanx
What you describe sounds like a local skin reaction to something touching the area. The detergent issue is a logical one, but how about any changes the brand has made? Is this occurring just since the last supply that you purchased?  Any new underwear? Any colognes, new condom brands, lubricants? How about your sexual partner? Any new chemicals that this person is using?
You could try some over the counter hydrocortisone cream, but if this is ineffective or keeps returning, see a dermatologist.
S.A.Liroff,M.D.
I am a 45 yr. old male,about 4yrs ago I I got a pain on the inside of my leg at the pubic area, felt very ill, high fever flu symtoms (symptoms).the skin of my scrotum swelled. the sick feeling lasted about a week and the swelling went down after about 1 month.six months after that I got it again.Ever since I get it every 3 to 16 weeks but not as severe.Antebiotics don't seem to do much, it goes away on its owne.I once read about a intestinal disorder that sounded alot like my symtoms (symptoms), but now I can't find it to show it to my doctor
A related discussion, warm testicles was started.