Urology Community
can citrobacter koseri infection be asymtomatic?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

sir i mean to say can the infection with citrobacter koseri be asymptomatic  ome cases and how seriously we should take it if the isolate is multidrug resistant but patient is asymptomatic?

This discussion is related to CITROBACTER KOSERI.

Citrobacter koseri is usually seen in newborn and in immunocompromised patients. I am assuming that this was obtained from a urine sample? It may be best to discuss the results with the doctor, there may be some issues regarding the possibility that the result may be a contaminant. If this is the case, then there shouldn’t be a need to treat. On the other hand, if there is known immunosuppression, then there may be a role of treatment depending on the chances of effecting the cure. If there are associated problems like obstruction in urine flow – this problem may need to be addressed as well as an infection may take longer to resolve (if at all it would) with it to contend with.
Stay positive.
I have recently been in hospital with a PID attack. My ovaries and appendix were inflammed, the Doctors took samples of the fluid and it was clear of STDs and it came back as Cirobacter Koseri. It is believed that I was infected with it when I had a c-section over a year ago with my son and when I had a stitch removed.