can macrobid effect pregnancy test results
I had recently went to the doctor for a bladder infection. The doctor said the results came back negative and there was a lot of water in my urine. She asked if i could be pregnant, she then ran a pregnancy test the first one came back positive and the second came back negative. She started me on Macrobid and told me to take another test. When reading the leaflet for the home pregnancy test it says antibiotics can effect the resulst so should i take the test or wait till the antibiotics are done.
Nitrofurantoin is the generic name of Macrobid and is used to treat urinary tract infections. It is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby, unless it is used during the last 2 to 4 weeks of pregnancy. You can first take the antibiotics until the prescribed period then take the pregnancy test after. It is important to finish the course of antibiotics  even if symptoms improve before the infection is completely cleared. Take care and keep us posted.
can macrbid affect the results of an at home uti test?  I have interstitial cystitis and I can tell I am getting a uti I started taking it on sat and have taken 4 then i did a test and it looks positive but these are not my ordinary symptoms that i have with ic.