Urology Community
chronic microscopic hematuria
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic microscopic hematuria

I am a 59 year old menopausal female. Almost 21 years ago, microscopic hematuria appeared on a UA. Almost every UA since then shows microscopic hematuria. I had a cystoscope at the time (1989?)showing "possible mild trigonitis". I was told not to be concerned. I had a CT abdomen 4 years ago, negative for everything. My uncle was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, diagnosed because of microscopic hematuria. He says I should have a complete work-up to find the cause. I have no signs or symptoms of any urinary problems. All other aspects of the UA,eg protein, have been consistently normal. No chronic infections, only a couple at menpause until I started using low dose vaginal estrogen.I exercise on an elliptical and treadmill at least 3 times a week. BMI 19. Eat right, no medications that would cause this except maybe for Advil for back and knee pain. Only chronic diagnosis is hypothyroid controlled well. I don't want to go thru expensive and uncomfortable testing for no reason. Should I go thru a work-up after 21 years of this and no other problems?  Thank you.
Tags: hematuria