Urology Expert Forum
chronic testicle pain

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

chronic testicle pain

A number of years ago I visited my doctor with what I thought was a groin strain. This occurred when I was lifting a heavy sliding door onto its tracks.  The pain was extreme and felt in both testicles. It would ease over time with some rest but when moving from a sitting to standing position, or visa versa I would feel extreme crippling pain. I had an ultrasound exam to check if I had a hernia. During the exam a cyst was detected on one of my testicles but otherwise all was normal. This was checked again 6 months later and as it had not grown was not considered serious.

This condition has reoccurred many times with varying degrees of severity. Usually it affects one testicle only but can be right or left. The pain itself feels like it is centred at the back of the testicle but spreads all the way to my lower back.

I have always had very very sensitive testicles for as long as I can remember, so much so that I cringe at the thought of touching them and wouldn
The scrotal ultrasound would evaluate for most of the major scrotal pathology that can lead to the symptoms.

You can also consider the prostate - where any pathology can lead to referred pain to the groin or testicle.  A digital rectal exam or a testicular ultrasound can be considered to evaluate this option.  

A urinalysis to evaluate for infection should also be considered.

Another consideration would be a groin strain where discomfort can be referred to the testicle.

If the tests continue to be negative, you can consider a referral to a physiatrist (rehabilitation specialist) or urologist for further evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
0
0