Urology Community
constant urge to pee/abdominal pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

constant urge to pee/abdominal pressure

I've been dealing with this problem for about the past year now. The main problem is having to pee a bunch throughout the day especially around the time of my period. At first when this started, I didn't think of it as a problem. I even mentioned it to my doctor and she said it was just "pressure" and it was normal. Well about a year later after that with it getting worse and worse each month, I'm starting to worry a lot.

I don't necessarily experience pain. It's mostly pressure in the area of my abdomen, just like the feeling of really needing to pee. But when I do use the bathroom, I don't even have to go much at all. I've read up on what it could be: bladder endometriosis, UTIs, or interstitial cystitis. But like I mentioned before, there is no burning or pain when I pee. The thing that sticks out to me is endometriosis because my sister was just diagnosed with it. But the symptoms just don't match up! This past month, the pressure I feel in my abdomen is unbearable, and is definitely unlike the pressure I've felt in previous months. In previous months when I felt the pressure when I had the urge to pee, it was mostly relieved by using the bathroom. Now, it doesn't go away at all.

Any ideas??
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Increased frequency or urination could occur secondary to a few causes such as GU infections. Inflammations, hormonal/ endocrine causes, excessive fluid intake, stress/ anxiety, medication side effect etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!