Urology Expert Forum
constant urination
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

constant urination

I have this condtion periodiacaly but the last three days have been miserable.  I no sooner leave the bathroom and literally have to urinate again.  I  know bladder has prolapsed but the dr. said to leave it for  now becuse the muscles are strong.  It is one in the morning and the urge
to go is always there.  I was thinking it could be an infection but there is no burning.  I took a detrol I received as a sample and it helped this afternoon but tonight it  seems to prevent me from releaving myself but  does nothing to calm the nerves that are making me feel this need to go.
I really rather have pain.  Could it be medicines I am taking at night for restless legs(1/2 sinemet and 15 mg. temazepam) that cause this?
It started the last three days after 3P.M.
Should I have a test for a urinary infection tomorrow or just go to a urologist? I can't sleep and took a double dose of temazepam but this constant urge to urinate is keeping me awake and making me crazy.
Also, is Detrol and Oxytrol the same thing.  Will Oxytrol calm the nerves in the bladder so that sensation is quieted?
I am ready to do anything but surgery
Thank you
Isadora