Urology Community
corpus spongiosum lumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

corpus spongiosum lumps

I have two lumps which feel like they are in my corpus spongiosum or urethea. One is just below where the head of penis starts and the other is mid way up my shaft. The one near the head of my penis feels like the size of a small pea (4mm dia) when I am erect and smaller when not. The other one midway down my shaft is smaller and less noticable (2 or 3mm). When I am very erect it there is a slight pain if i push downwards. I am 28 and not sure how long they have been there for- I noticed a few weeks ago but have not noticed any changes or anything from them. Any idea what they could be and possible treatment? Should I see how they go over the next month or two?
Since the lump has been painless and present for a couple of weeks, so either it can be a cyst or a benign skin growth. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision may be required. Also if turns in brownish lump then wart has to be ruled out and if it scabs, then herpetic blisters has to be evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.