Urology Expert Forum
could it be my prostate

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

could it be my prostate

ok on july 20th a had an unprotected sexual encounter with a woman tht i di not know and will probably never see again.
im married and of course anxiety and fear and guilt set in quite quickly.  
i got tested for gono, chlam, syhp and aids at 5 days only to findout later that that was too early.
i tested again on july 14th for same tests and all came back negative.  a few days after the second test i started feeling a urge to urinate and some clear secretion from my penis came. not constatnt but only saw it maybe 2 or three times over a course of maybe seven days of frequent urination.  after the frequent urination a felt sick or nauseous for about 2 days but then that went away.

my questionof concern is this.  since this incident i havent even tried to masturbate till last week when i tried it and nothing came out....well a small amount of white watery stuff followed my a mass of yellow semen looking blob.
the second time i tried it nothing came out....
i tired again the next day hoping it was just a fluke but this time nothing came out.  

the doctor ruled out gono and chlam infections butmentioned prostate infection?
how likely is cold this be?  i dont have any pain when urinating or when not...

he prescribed 2 weeks of cipro (500 mg) 2x a day... is this standard?
can anxiety and stress cause my symptoms ( i know thats vague since aniety can cause numerous things)
Prostatitis can be considered.  Sometimes this can be difficult to diagnose and may require extended treatment courses.  

Cipro is appropriate.  If the symptoms continue, a prostatic massage and/or transrectal ultrasound can be done to further evaluate and image the prostate.  

Any prostatic fluid that is expressed during the massage should be sent for culture and analysis.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Go back to your Dr and ask to be checked for Trichomonas...I had the EXACT symptoms for 2 years- Dr's did all tests- everything came back negative- told I had prostatitis but symptoms were not just prostatitis- I was insistant that they keep testing me...I was told it was all in my head and symptoms were due to anxiety- NO WAY...anyway I was diagnosed as having Trichomonas- this is very hard to detect in men,  due to it going undetected for 2 years they think that is what caused my chronic prostatits but they are not 100% sure...so asked to be tested for Trich...it may be the cause- if you by chance do have it and have had sex with your wife/girlfriend she will now have it as well....treatment is easy 1 pill for 1 day.... again this may be the problem.. this is not an STD Dr's usually test men for...