Urology Community
cracked foreskin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

cracked foreskin

I have cracks on my foreskin, 2 cm long and on the top side, along the axis of the penis. The cracks appeared this morning and I could see blood inside, though it is not bleeding. At the same time, also noticed some reddish rashes on the head of the penis. the cracks are painful when I tried to retract the skin. I had to stand in the shower for some time to make the foreskin well moisted  before I could pull it back.

I had in the past had these rashes on the head of the penis and I used a cream with ingredients: Beclomethasone Dipropionate, Clotrimazole and Neomycin. After applying for 2-3 days, the rashes would disappear and it will reappear after a month or so. this has been happening for the past 4 months. I  am married and I never have sex with any one other than my wife and my wife also have sex only with me.

Can you please suggest what is wrong and what should be done to solve this cracked foreskin and rashes
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Such cracks on the penis skin can be due to dry skin, chafing skin, psoriasis or eczema. Use mild soaps like Dove and wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist. If it is eczema, then emollients and topical steroids are needed.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

i was using that Beclomethasone Dipropionate, Clotrimazole and Neomycin.  cream for about a month.now some reddish rashes had appear on the below of the head on the penis. what to do?  
hello,I have a question please? I'm not a married woman and I'm 27 years old so my curiosity is if someone can tell me if a cracked penis on the foreskin. appears after a sexual contact ? my bf hadn't this cracked penis before, I don't know what to believe because we didn't married yet..pls answer me.