Urology Expert Forum
creatinine level

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

creatinine level

I am a 50 year old over weight white male.I had my right kidney removed due to a self contained tumor which turned out to be Renal Cell Carcinoma. This was about 2 years ago.  I also have Stetohepatitis at the early stages of cirrhosis. My recent lab work shows an elevated creatinine of 1.6 (whereas my previous levels were 1.0 and then 1.3). The BUN was within normal limits at 16 and the BUN/Creatine ratio is 10.0. Normal cholesterol and triglycerides is at 198, a bit high. The CBC was normal. I do take Atenolol for my blood pressure, and Nexium for my reflux and chronic pancreatitus (pancreatitis). I am 5'8" and weigh 200 pounds. When I have an erection, my penis is crooked. Intercourse is no longer possible do to shape and discomfort. Am I in the beginning stages of kidney failure? Can you explain this to me please? .Does the elevated creatinine have anything to do with the penis curvature during erection? Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.
Further testing can be done to evaluate the kidneys.  Obtaining a 24-hr urine can be done to evaluate the protein and creatinine levels.  I would also consider imaging the kidneys to ensure there is no structural or anatomical abnormalities.  

Obtaining serial creatinine levels can be done to ensure the levels aren't rising.  

A referral to a kidney specialist can be done to further evaluate the symptoms.

Regarding the penile curvature, you can consider Peyronie's disease.  Plaques can be evaluated with an ultrasound of the affected area.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com