Urology Community
cyst-like growth on testicle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cyst-like growth on testicle

I am a white male 24 years of age. About 3 years ago during a self examination I noticed a cyst-like growth on the upper posterior side of my right testicle. I was not experiencing any pain or discomfort. I was concerned but did nothing about it; denied that it was an issue. Every now and again when I see adds for testicular cancer or stories on lance armstrong I think about the growth. Since then I haven't experienced much discomfort, swelling or any other pain in that area. A friend of mines father was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer, this sort of woke me up to the realization that I need to have this checked...the sooner the better.

Here are my questions and concerns:

I have been researching a lot and have found that my growth on my testicle seems to resemble that of Spermatocele cyst because it seems to be more of a growth than a lump and sort of connects to my testicle and balloon out as a-posed to a lump. (Then again I've never felt or seen the difference) Is there a difference?? The size of the growth is larger than a BB that tends to be described a lot in these forums. Does a lump connect and then balloon slightly as I described? This is my main concern, because it seems to be more of a growth than a lump.

Recently I have been experiencing a little discomfort in my right groin when sitting. It comes and goes but is relatively present. I haven't experienced any swelling or actual discomfort in my testicles. I also don't experience any pain while having sexual intercourse or ejaculation. I know I need to have this checked out but wanted to get an opinion about the situation.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Tags: Cyst, testicle