cyst-like growth on testicle
I am a white male 24 years of age. About 3 years ago during a self examination I noticed a cyst-like growth on the upper posterior side of my right testicle. I was not experiencing any pain or discomfort. I was concerned but did nothing about it; denied that it was an issue. Every now and again when I see adds for testicular cancer or stories on lance armstrong I think about the growth. Since then I haven't experienced much discomfort, swelling or any other pain in that area. A friend of mines father was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer, this sort of woke me up to the realization that I need to have this checked...the sooner the better.

Here are my questions and concerns:

I have been researching a lot and have found that my growth on my testicle seems to resemble that of Spermatocele cyst because it seems to be more of a growth than a lump and sort of connects to my testicle and balloon out as a-posed to a lump. (Then again I've never felt or seen the difference) Is there a difference?? The size of the growth is larger than a BB that tends to be described a lot in these forums. Does a lump connect and then balloon slightly as I described? This is my main concern, because it seems to be more of a growth than a lump.

Recently I have been experiencing a little discomfort in my right groin when sitting. It comes and goes but is relatively present. I haven't experienced any swelling or actual discomfort in my testicles. I also don't experience any pain while having sexual intercourse or ejaculation. I know I need to have this checked out but wanted to get an opinion about the situation.

Thank you very much for your help!!

What you have described appears to be an epididymal cyst or a spermatocele. This is a benign condition as it can just be a collection of sperm or fluid.'

A cyst can be differentiated, from a hard lump, by its fluctuant quality. A lump would feel hard or firm without any give on pressure.

Even though a cyst is relatively harmless, you will need to have it examined amd treated as it may grow to a size that causes discomfort or can get infected.

An ultrasound can be done to identify if the swelling is a cyst or a tumor, but that will be decided by your GP.

It is best to have the swelling evaluated at the earliest, even though its benign presence over 3 years makes chances of it being malignant unlikely.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards