Urology Expert Forum
cyst on testicle

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

cyst on testicle

I am 21 years old, in good health. About 5 months ago I began feeling a constant pain in my left testicle. Just two months ago I realized that I had a very small lump on the top of my left testicle. My urologist said it was on my epididymitis, or the top portion of the testicle. He gave me pain killers, but recently the pain has doubled and I doubled my dosage of the medicine, but it still hurts even more. The only time I am relieved is when I'm asleep. I am considering surgery to remove the cyst or whatever it could be. I have waited long enough and there is no improvement, only higher doses of medication. I was warned that surgury may leave painful scar tissue. Will it? and if so what are my other options? Is it normal to have a painful cyst on my testicle at my age?
I would consider a scrotal ultrasound to ensure it isn't anything more than a cyst.  Other possibilities other than a cyst would include cancer, a varicocele, or hydrocele.  The ultrasound can help discern this.

If it is indeed a cyst, then it may be possible for surgery to help.  There is no guarantee that it will resolve the symptoms - it can be possible that scar tissue to remain.  

I would consider another urological opinion - preferably at a major academic medical center.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
1 Comment
0
0