Urology Community
cysts on right kidney

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

cysts on right kidney

i am 26yrs old and last novmbr i had symptoms of high fever,chills,diahorea,severe pain on my right side,vomiting and i was hospitalised.iwaz injected with drugs such as merepenum and augmenteen.dey detected a cyst on my right kidney but dey did not take any notice of it.i got these symptoms repeatedly till september 2006.ie.i was hospitalised almost 15 times for the past 1year.they repeated the same medication everytime.i  have gone through numerous amounts of mri's,scans,endoscopys,colonoscopys,xrays etc.i changed my drs.in june and he is a qualified urologist surgeon from the university of glasgow england.he suspected that the cyst was infected and suggested to aspirate it.they also found that there were 4 more cysts on my kidney.they aspirated a small omount and inserted a tube into the cyst so that it would drain out as the surface of the cyst was too hard to aspirate.there was large amounts of green puss that drained out.i was carrying this bag on me for 3 weeks.they testd this but found nothing.they also did a ct scan biopsy for cancer,tested me for aids,and tubercolosis but all these results were negative.after the removal of the tube i was on a dose of levofloxacin.there was a little bit of the cyst left and when they scaned me they told me that it was resolving.i still have the painand as you can see i have gone through alot of suffering and i am afraid to go throughthis again.pls help me out as i would like to find out the cause of this problem and a long term sollution aswell.i should also mention that i am an air hostess for the passt two years.
Tags: cysts, kidney
My first post here. Just wanted to reach out to the young lady with right kidney cyst.
I have been diagnosed with angiomyolipoma it is a non cancerous tumor that gave me lots of problems. I feel better since I have read up on this thing and maybe you could get your doctor to give you something to look up that might give you some hope.
I know the doctors here have a big ego and a bigger attitude, but if they just knew a kind word can sometime help as much as a shot of penicillin. I am one that believes information good or bad can help us heal.  I just found out if this thing ruptures and and bleeds again it can be stopped by a fairly simple procedure.  And that is huge for me I was worried this would happen again in the night and I would bleed to death.  I ask the Dr  the urologist about it his answer  ( call me and we will take it from there) So I searched on the internet to learn about that and other things I'm afraid he would send me to Emerg Room and I would be there agin for 8 hours before the test were done.
Maybe you can find out the type of cyst. Maybe you can find a type of infection you have and read and find out if they are treating the right thing.  They made many mistake with me before the finally misdiagnosed me with appencitis that got me a ct scan. I think another bit of my ole lady wisdom is to try and get a copy of every test they run on you, we pay for it and may need it so why not?