dark urine
My husbands urine ranges from an orange yellow to a really dark dark dark yellow. He is an alcoholic, although he does not acknowledge that.  Could this be a sign of a liver problem?

The color of the urine is influenced by a lot of factors. Some food or medications may make the urine look darker.Dehydration or decrease in water intake may lead to dark yellow/orange urine.Kidney infections,bladder stones or infections, and liver disease may make the urine look darker.

However, a dark urine is not the sole indicator for liver disease. I suggest you bring your husband to an internist for a thorough medical examination.An abdominal palpation to see if the liver is smaller or enlarged, abdominal pain or tenderness, pale colored chalky tools, yellowing of the skin usually accompany diseases that involve the liver.

Discuss this with your husband. You can bring him to a counsellor to help him with his drinking problems. An initial consultation with a physician will be able to allay your fears at th same time exclude any underlying problems.

Keep us posted.