Urology Community
dark urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

dark urine

I have had dark strong smelling urine for about month. what could cause this?
Hi.  You must be very concerned about this, but have no pain, so haven't yet seen a dr?
If by dark, you still mean in the category of yellow, you need to schedule an appt to find out why.  If you mean in the category of brown or close to brown, you need to schedule an appt a couple of weeks ago!  Just because there's no pain in not a valid reason for delay.  Urinate in a clean jar, seal the jar and refrigerate it.  Several hrs later carefully hold it up to the light without jiggling the contents.  My guess is that you're going to see a lot of "stuff" in the bottom; that sedimentation is not a sign of a healthy body!  Several problems could cause the color and the odor, two signs that have been telling you for a month to see a dr.  So do it!  Get thee to a dr!  Then tell us what you found out and how you're taking care of the problem.  Please don't delay on this any longer.