diagnosed with kidney stone in ureter pocket
I have been diagnosed with kidney stone too large to pass stuck in a "pocket" in the ureter just before entry into the bladder. The stone has been there for two years. I have had two infections with lower back pain in the last 6 months which required taking antibiotics and pain meds.I recently had an a CT scan done and met with a urologist. Upon seeing the current CT scan, the one from two years ago and an Xray taken 6 months ago, my urologist has advised me to have surgery whereby he will go up into the ureter and laser the stone into smaller bits and implant j stents into the uretor between kidney and bladder for two weeks post surgery.Are there better, more current methods (less invasive and humiliating) than this available to me in a larger metropolitan area? I live in a city of 100K people.

This discussion is related to Stone stuck in lower ureter: lithotripsy or surgery?.
I believe this is the most current treatment available.  I have had half a dozen kidney stones in the last year.  I was able to pass all except the last one.  A couple months ago, I had this surgery done to remove the kidney stone.  The surgery is pretty quick and easy.  The stent can be uncomfortable and make you feel like you  have to go to the bathroom all the time but usually they remove a couple weeks later and then within a day or two you feel normal again.  I would definitely recommend that you have this surgery done and get this stone out before it causes more problems for you.