Urology Community
double-urine stream

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

double-urine stream

How come I never hear of girls who have a problem with a double-urine stream? This happens to me quite often...sometimes it will be even more than that. Do you think it's because a girl's genital area has more open space than a boy's? You always hear about guys who have this problem but it seems that girls would have it fairly often too seeing as their genital area has folds surrounding the urethra.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Double urine stream can be a result of a stricture in the urethra or the urethral opening and may also be related to the presence of a polyp. Strictures occur following trauma to the urethra, even that caused by the passing of a renal stone.
The folds surrounding the urethra (the labia) need not interfere or influence the type of urine stream as the labia separate in the position in which women pass urine.

Women do develop double stream of urine in the presence of the abovementioned structural abnormalities.

If you have not had any complications associated with this condition, such as frequent or recurrent UTIs, there is no cause for worry or intervention.

keep us posted.